1. POUR The gray powder bag into the jar.
2. SHAKE Until all white prills are covered in the gray powder. Check the bottom middle area of the jar to ensure there is no white left.
3. SET At minimum distance recommended by manufacturer found on the label, or farther to test your skills.
4. SHOOT With a high-powered rifle (Min. 40 grain bullet that reaches 2,200 feet per second, such as an AR-15).
What is a binary exploding target?
- An exploding target made from two compounds that are completely stable on their own. When they are mixed, they are considered a high explosive by the ATF. They will only explode when shot with a high-powered rifle. Do not transport mixed targets, as they are regulated by the ATF once mixed.
Will exploding targets spontaneously combust?
- No. They are binary targets and will not explode spontaneously. The compounds are stable until mixed. Even then, they need to be shot at with a round that reaches at least 2200 feet/second with a 40 grain bullet or larger.
Is there an age requirement to purchase exploding targets?
- Yes. You must be 21 years of age or older to purchase exploding targets.
Can I mix the targets before I get to my destination?
- No. That is illegal and you will face charges if you mix the compounds together and transport them. Once mixed, it is considered a high-powered explosive.
Do I have to be licensed by the ATF to buy exploding targets?
- No. However, be aware that 50lbs is the legal limit to shoot at one time.
Are you as a company licensed by the ATF?
- As manufactures of this product, we are licensed.
How do I contact you?
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call: 208-917-1260
What type of gun do I use to shoot the targets with?
- Center-fire rifles only. For best results, your gun needs to be able to shoot at least a 40 grain bullet that reaches 2200 feet/second. An example would be an AR-15. Generally speaking, the larger the bullet, the better the results.
Will a .22 make the targets explode?
- No. We recommend a bullet that is both 40 grains and reaches 2200 fps. Minimum bullet size we recommend is .223. Additionally, a BB gun will NOT work to detonate the targets.
How far away do I need to shoot the targets?
- Liberty (1/2lb), and Justice (1lb) can be shot at a distance of 40 yards.
- Freedom (2lb) can be shot at 60 yards.
- Star-Spangled Boomer (5lb) can be shot at 100 yards.
What is the recommended FPS?
- A 40 grain bullet that goes 2200 feet/second.
- To get the best results, both criteria must be met.
What is the shelf life of the targets?
- We recommend using the targets within 1 year.
How do I store the targets?
- Please store your targets at room temperature, or as close to it as possible, (extreme cold or heat will make the white prills clump together).
What is your return policy?
- There are no returns. All sales are final. See Legal (TOS) / Returns for our Privacy Notice, Refund Policy, and Terms of Service.